Join Our Team
French Quarter Festival, Inc: Job Opportunities
Cashier’s – Thurs. 4/13 through Sun. 4/16 (4 days)
French Quarter Festival sells official festival merchandise at three (3) booths located throughout the festival footprint during Festival, April 13 – 16, 2023. Merchandise sales are very important for supporting this free community event! We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly lovers of New Orleans culture to help us sell our merchandise.
Each booth has one Merchandise Booth Manager to oversee all aspects of the operations of their assigned merchandise booth. The Booth Manager will report directly to the festival-wide Merchandise Coordinator, who will be overseeing all three Merchandise Booth locations. Each booth has one to two cashiers. All roles will require handling money and operating a cash register and electronic POS system. Sales or retail experience preferred but not required.
Jackson Square – Cashier (2 Cashiers Needed)
$700 Flat Rate + 30 meal tickets per day
- Thursday, April 13th – 10:00am – 8pm
- Friday, April 14th – 10:00am – 8pm
- Saturday, April 15th – 10:00am – 8pm
- Sunday April 16th – 10:00am – 8:30pm
Responsibilities of Cashiers include, but are not limited to:
- Working with volunteers and under the direction of the booth manager
- Performing customer service to help patrons
- Taking inventory and reporting to festival-wide Merchandise Coordinator at the beginning and end of each day
- Monitoring merchandise levels and restocking as necessary
- Opening and closing registers daily
- Accepting and processing payments for merchandise sales transactions
- Assisting patrons with merchandise selections
- Maintaining booth organization and cleanliness
- Staying positive and friendly!
Green Team Zone Manager – Thurs. 4/13 through Sun. 4/16 (4 days)
Role Description: Zone Managers are responsible for the overall sanitation of a specific area within French Quarter Festival. There are 10 Zones spaced throughout the festival footprint. Zone Managers will have two primary responsibilities: 1.) Direct volunteers and assist the public in the proper sorting of waste into the appropriate waste streams: compost, recycling, and landfill, and 2.) Ensure the cleanliness and proper function of all areas within your zone, including multiple FQF-owned sorting stations, and auxiliary waste cans. When waste cans become full, Zone Managers will communicate with sanitation staff via radio, and may be asked to assist them switching out trash cans or replacing bags. Zone Managers will be expected to do rounds of their Zone, and will be on their feet for a good portion of the festival. Zone Managers must be comfortable working with Volunteers and speaking to the general public.
Location: Various, Riverfront (Woldenberg Park)
Dates: Thurs. April 13 through Sun. 4/16 (4 days)
Pay: $750 For 4 Full Days. 1099 contractor position.
Department: Operations – Green Team
Reports To: Sustainability Coordinator and Operations Director
Est.* Hours: **Hours are estimates; special festival circumstances may require reasonable extension of hours.
- 4/13 – Thursday (FQF) – 10am to 9pm
- 4/14 – Friday (FQF) – 10am to 9pm
- 4/15 – Saturday (FQF) – 10am to 9pm
- 4/16 – Sunday (FQF) – 10am to 9pm